Matching-numbers 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C2 327 V8 4 Speed Manual. Manufactured at the A.O. Smith plant in Ionia, Michigan on the 5th January 1965 and fitted with a ‘small-block’ V8 built at the Flint engine plant on the 28th December 1964. The History file has a copy of the original sales invoice for US $4,900.88 from Schwyn Brothers Chevrolet of Michigan to a Mr Frank Tennant on January 22nd 1965.
Finished in rare Nassau Blue and fitted with dual side exhausts, an exceptionally rare option present on just 759 Sting Rays from this model year, and sits on a set of immaculate centre knock-off wheels wearing lightly worn BF Goodrich Silvertown “Goldlines”.
Under the bonnet is the car’s original 327ci. (5.4-litre) ‘Turbo-Fire’ V8 producing 300bhp mated to a 4-speed manual gearbox. The car was imported into the UK in 2015 in a fully restored condition, however, the previous owner, a member of the National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS), spent a further £13,000 on the chassis in 2016.
Comes complete with its original ‘dispatch data’ from the US and is on the Corvette Register having been a regular and popular attendee at numerous club events and indeed won 1st Prize at the Classic American Car Show Tatton Park July 2016 – “Best Classic Corvette”.
The below bullet points show the love and attention the car has received by its two UK owners since it reached these shores.
· 27th April 2016. Italia Autosport: rear trailing arms, suspension, brake flexi-hoses and brake lines, repairing headlamp electrics, battery isolator – £10,881
· 27th April 2016. Italia Autosport: windscreen and seals – £918
· 9th July 2018. Jasmine Porschalink: replace driveshafts – £828
· 28th August 2019. Jasmine Porschalink: engine out, strip down and rebuild with new gaskets and repaint engine, full service replacing filters, plugs, water pump, gaskets, expansion tank and repairing leak into interior by replacing weather strips – £4,735
· 11th September 2019. Jasmine Porschalink: replaced alternator, and wiring looms on headlamp, dashboard, ignition wiring harness etc. £2,885.
This is a very special 1965 C2 in its original colour with correct VIN and trim tags and without doubt one of the very best currently available anywhere.
Please check out our website for our other 6 Corvettes we have in stock from C2 Convertible and Coupe, C3, C6 and C7.
Contact either Adrian or Sam for more details.